A Day of Judgment by Charles ToddMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I've read several in this series. I love the setting, England just after WWI. This particular volume was larger than the usual entry in the series, but it was justified in the complex tale. I don't read a ton of series, in fact, I usually stay away from them as they can be very formulaic. I mean the very fact that it's a series is a formula, right? My only quibbles are the origin story is rehashed every book, I guess it's for new readers, but it gets a little old. Also, the author makes too many comparisons to the protagonists clothing (fancy) vs the plain dress of the folks he's interacting with. We know he's dapper but cmon, move on. Having said all that, I enjoy these books and will keep reading them.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment